Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh, the irony...

My husband and I recently went to see the movie Made in Dagenham, another great movie from the UK.  But unlike other movies I've seen from the UK, in this one, the actors spoke true ENGLISH, as in British English, complete with thick accents and British sayings that no American could hope to understand.  We found ourselves not being able to understand the English, so instead, we were reading the French subtitiles to figure out what was going on.

I never thought I would understand French more than English...

4 comments:

  1. That is funny! I feel like I had a similar experience a couple years ago going to Scotland and not being able to understand people, even though they were speaking English. Especially when they were talking over a PA system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The English might have invented the language but we definitely perfected it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bramish - language in perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I agree, everyone should speak American!!!

    ReplyDelete