Saturday, March 17, 2012

Incredible Spanish Food

My husband and I recently went to Barcelona.  Here's the first of several "smaller" posts.  On our first day in Barcelona, we went to La Boqueria, a giant food market with incredible food.


The stalls were filled with colorful fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats, and snacks.  


This is the first time I've seen this fruit, which I tried for the first time.

Bonus points to the blog reader who can name it!
 And I saw chili ristras!  


There were very "interesting" meats.  This is perhaps the least disturbing of what I saw - beef legs, going for about 140 euros a kilo.  But we saw much more than this (which I decided not to take pictures of) - entire pigs, brains, and other meats that surpassed in strangeness even what we have seen in France.


We got our lunch here - some of the amazing fruits!  The purple one on the top is the strange fruit I saw earlier (and whose picture is farther up on the page).  Sure was great!


3 comments:

  1. The fruit is called Pitamaya...but that was too easy of a question when there is a sign on the fruit in question telling us what it is...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I was really impressed with Dad when he got it right, and then you. But you cheated! You weren't supposed to look at the obvious* sign above the fruit!

    * So obvious that your daughter did not notice it in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so unobservant when you take pictures...LOL

      Delete