Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Mexico... or Israel?

On our recent trip to Israel, I was struck by how similar it was to my homeland, New Mexico.  So, in order to gear up for the new wave of blog posts about our trip to Israel, I will propose a short game - New Mexico... or Israel?  Can you guess correctly which picture corresponds to which place?  Guess them all and you'll earn a point... and my respect.

1.

 2.

3. 

4. 

5. 

6. 

7. 

8. 

9. 

10.

11.


Think you got it?  Post your answer below.

11 comments:

  1. From Dad
    1.Israel 2. NM 3.NM 4 Israel 5 and 6 NM 7 8 and 9 Israel 10 NM and 11 Israel

    let me know how I did , I'm really hurting on points

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Israel 2 Israel 3 NM 4 Israel 5 Israel 6 NM 7 NM 8 Israel 9 Israel 10 NM 11 NM

    This is a tough one... hope I win
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay--Here's Sjaak's guess:

    NM: 2,3,6,7,10,11
    Israel: 1,4,5,8,9

    I'm going to try NM: 3,5,6,7,10,11 Israel: 1,2,4,8,9 Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good guesses by all. But no one got them all right. Ginny - you are the closest - so if no one guesses right in the future the point is yours! Mom, you are in second, Sjaak in third, and Dad, sorry, but you are in last. But don't worry. When Bram did it, he got less than all of you right, and he was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1,2,4,5, 8,9 israel
    3,6,7,10,11 nm

    from Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. second guess
    Israel 1,4,8,9
    NM 2,3,5,6,7,10,11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still nope. Here's a hint:
    Dad got 7/11 right the first time, 9/11 right the second.
    Mom got 9/11 right both times.
    Sjaak got 8/11 right.
    Ginny got 10/11 right.
    There are 5 New Mexico's and 6 Israels.
    Good luck.
    If no one gets it right by when I wake up tomorrow morning, the point goes to Ginny, and I will reveal the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sjaak's 2nd guess: NM: 5,6,7,10,11 Israel: 1,2,3,4,8,9

    My 2nd guess is: NM: 3,5,6,10,11 Israel: 1,2,4,7,8,9 Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good guesses by all. But no one got it. I finally found a question that stumped Sjaak. Muuhahahaa!

    The correct answers are:
    1. Israel - the Sea of Galilee. Everyone got this right! (I'm guessing because of the large body of water.)
    2. Israel - opinions were pretty mixed about this one. This is why I decided to do this question - it was hard even for me to remember which place it belonged to!
    3. New Mexico - at the base of the Sandias. Most of you got this one right.
    4. Israel - Most of you got this one right - perhaps because prickly pear don't quite get this big in New Mexico.
    5. New Mexico - The view from the top of Tent Rocks, with Elephant Butte in the distance. Mom - I'm surprised you got this one wrong the first time - you've made that hike half a million times!
    6. New Mexico - Deep in the Sandias. Everyone got it right.
    7. New Mexico - On the road between Albuquerque and Socorro.
    8. Israel - Everyone got it right... hmm, I guess the mosque was a dead giveaway.
    9. Israel - Near the Lebanese border. Everyone got it right.
    10. Israel - This one fooled everyone. Not one person thought this was Israel. Israel, like New Mexico, has deserts, but it also has pine trees. After seeing these trees, Bram and I had the idea for this game!
    11. New Mexico - From the top of the Sandias.

    Good job everyone. I'm giving Ginny the point for guessing the most right - only fooled by #10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually you are wrong Beth #5 the body of water is not Elephant Butte (which is south by Truth or Consequences NM) It is actually Cochiti Lake...remember we drove right past the Cochiti dam.... Do I get a point for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction mom. And no, you do not get a point for that.

      Delete