Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Sign like No Other

Driving through Europe is very different from driving through the United States, and each country has given me a unique perspective of what driving is all about.  Especially France,  which we attempted to navigate several times.  So, I present "Road Signs you would never see in the US".

First, we start with France:

No parking: anywhere, ever.


Lanes spontaneously disappear, reappear, merge, and head to oblivion.


An example of two adjacent highway sign in France.  Signs like these are typically over the highway and list every possible town the highway will go to, and you are expected to read them while plummeting down the road.





While a similar one in the US reads:



Traveling around Europe, we see other interesting signs.

Italy:
London:



Scotland:



Switzerland:


Germany:

 the Vatican:

Pope gets Right of Way

Wales:

Road may suddenly disappear and reappear


And pretty much all of Europe:




7 comments:

  1. Aaaaand...here's your sign! ;)

    Sjaak wants to know how many of those signs you made yourself--good work!!! :) Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't believe they are real? :-) I made them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah but they must be close to the truth to have come up with them...at least that it what it seemed like when you took us to the Loire Valley. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you are talking about I have seen everyone of these. Except for the deer. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your use of a term that only scientists and mathematicians use gave you away. Very cute and clever, all of them! Sjaak

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made all of these? Theyare hilarious! I thought you got them off a funny website or something? Wow best post ever!

    Joey

    ReplyDelete