Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Oasis that is Central Park

Yes, to answer your question mom - we DID see Central Park!  Central Park in New York is huge... and oasis of nature and the "wild" (or as wild as you can get on an island in a metropolis).

We stand on a bridge in Central Park, with the skyline of Manhattan in the background.


Many paths wound through the park, leading to picturesque little corners.


We even saw some "wildlife"!  People gathered around to see this little guy.  I suppose many of them have never seen an animal in the wild before.

Popular with the paparazzi
Central Park had some really cool bridges too.



One of the pretty birds in the park.


And one of the pretty husbands.


A neat outdoor pavilion.


And the well-known skyline.


This is just across from Central Park.  It reminded me of the Daily Planet.


Interesting fence.


And finally, two Honest Abes.


5 comments:

  1. "One of the pretty husbands" - were there more? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid I would get that response.... there were many pretty husband, but I found the prettiest. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the Cardinal, we don't get any of those birds here in NM. Was wondering what was the building that the globe was in front of...or is it just outside the park. I do love the bridges there, I have seen several movies that take part in Central Park, and have seen some of those spots before, I imagine that park is awesome in the Spring (when the trees are in full spring leaf) as well as in the fall. It always amazes me that large cities have "wild animals" in their parks. In Milwaukee you can find deer and porcupines that meander along the river parks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building with the globe was across the street from Central Park. Not sure what it was. Looked cool though.

      Delete