Sunday, November 9, 2014

Horses on Halloween

Perhaps this Halloween you have found yourself wondering: What do horses do for Halloween? Well, I have the answer for you - they have a costume contest!  This Halloween,  I had the chance to see one of these costume contests in person.

Zorro and her trusty steed.


This horse dressed up as a witch, complete with little broom.

No, the horse did not try to ride the broom.
I'm not sure exactly what this horse is, but it had a cute shiny purple hat, that moved whenever the horse twitched its ears.


A Trojan horse!  Get it?


A horse of a different color.


My grandma and husband, watching the show.


This horse dressed up in 2-D.

Bet you've never seen that before!
This horse won for "Best Accessory" - a little mermaid!


Even the dogs got in on the action.


A Native American with horse.



Horses attempting to line up for judging and a photo opportunity.



This horse dressed up as his namesake - a point if you can guess it.


This dog also got dressed up - as a hobo with a little pack tied to a stick.  Needless to say, the stick didn't last long as the dog went bounding through the house, using his stick to knock over everything.

Not the best thought out costume...
So now next Halloween, when you find yourself wondering where all the horses are - you will know.

12 comments:

  1. Is it Gandalf? looks wizard-ish :) Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will guess Zebra or Stripes because it looks like it is dressed up like a zebra, but what kind of a name is that for a horse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one has got it yet. It's comic-ish, if that's a clue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it Tiger or Tigger? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous - I can't give you a point if I don't know who you are. Nevertheless, it's not Tigger... no one has gotten it yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shere Khan is an awesome name for a horse! But no. Last clue: he is Calvin's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, anonymous was me, Rodolfo. I am sorry, but I posted very fast. :) Take care and greetings from Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rodolfo! Nice to see you on the blog, and I hope your new position is going really well!

      Delete