While in the UK, I also visited Windsor, home of the once and current kings and queens. At the center was a large keep, surrounded by a moat.
Only now, the moat is filled with pretty things, like rose bushes, waterfalls, and park benches.
There is still evidence of days of yore, when living in England was truly a dangerous proposition.
In fact, here is looking through a window, through which knights could shoot their arrows.
I pose in front of the gates.
More of the castle. The queen was not currently in residence, because I could see the UK flag flying.
Inside the castle grounds was the cathedral of St. George. Inside literally took my breath away. It's incredible. I couldn't take pictures, but it left a lasting impression on my brain. Unfortunately, no pictures on google really do it justice. Inside, I listened to the evening service of Evensong. It was incredible to hear the heavenly voices of the choir as the visages of knights looked down on me.
Outside, the castle guard doing his rounds.








No comments:
Post a Comment