The building across from mine was having a rubber duck race. Everyone who entered got a duck with a number painted on it. Then firefighters were brought in to blast water at the ducks, propelling them across the canal to the finish line. I helped them set up by dumping hundreds of ducks into the water.
Ducks enter the canal.
The firemen come and start blasting!
And the winners are declared as this poor guy almost falls out of the boat, trying to snatch up all the ducks that raced past him.
Imagine cleaning those ducks up. I'm sure there are still some rogue ducks out there, still silently floating along the canals.
For a point - what are the two winning ducks wearing?


I guess the ducks are wearing their numbers, I could only make out 9215 and 123--very poor quality video with people laughing in the background and yelling out various numbers.
ReplyDeleteOh gee, I didn't realize that the quality of the video would degrade so much when I uploaded it. The correct answer was one was wearing a top hat and one was wearing nothing. But technically, they were wearing numbers too (although they were being called out in Dutch so I don't expect you to understand what the numbers were). So Mom gets a point. :)
Delete