I have mentioned before that there are lots of good foods, especially New Mexican foods, that I miss. Well, recently I decided to try to make enchilladas, one of my favorite New Mexican foods. In the store, I found something that looked sorta like a green chili. That, together with true corn tortillas (easier to find in France than Hawaii!), green salsa (possibly tomatillo?), chicken, onion, tomato, basil, garlic, chives, and sour cream and cream of mushroom soup for the sauce. I also found a nice French cheese to melt into the sauce (these are French enchiladas, after all).
I tried roasting the green chili look-alike in my oven - hey! it looked half authentic!
I cooked up the chicken, and made the nice sauce, which came out pretty good.
The finished product! The best way I could describe them is very "French" tasting enchiladas - probably mostly to do with my cheese choice and the sauce I made. But they were tasty. And even spicy!
So, I decided to get more green chili look-alikes. They aren't the real thing, but they are close. And hey, I'm desperate.





They look like some kind of pepper almost like a serano, which are nice and hot! I use the for some of my recipes. If Texans can use jalapeno you can certainly use seranos in France!
ReplyDeleteThey were pretty hot! I'm happy I have a bunch of them in my freezer now!
ReplyDeletethat actually looks pretty tasty! Now i am hungry....
ReplyDelete