Thursday, April 28, 2011

Paris in Springtime: My Husband the Tree-Hugger

Spring is here in Paris!  I've been here less than a year, but I do think it is my favorite season.  We visited Jardin du Luxembourg.  Last time I was there, it was fall (and a weekday) but now I went on a day off during most people's spring break.  I've never seen so many people in a park.

One of my favorite statues in the park, with the Pantheon in the background.


Some of the flowers in front of the Senate.


Kids sail their little sailboats on the ponds by pushing them with a big stick and then running around to whatever side they happen to float to.


Bram and I in front of one of the three Statue of Liberties.   This one is in the Luxembourg gardens, another is near the Eiffel Tower, and one is in New York.  (We actually went to the gardens because we watched National Treasure II, where statue #2 makes a brief cameo, so Bram wanted to go see the one in the gardens that he's never seen.)



Then we went over to the Jardin des Plantes.  My husband decided to hug the giant tree.  This tree is about double the size of the frame of this picture.  If I remember correctly, it is something like 400 years old.


The guy on top looks depressed he's not the guy on the bottom, with the pretty girl.



The garden was filled with lots of poppies!


Which made Bram fall asleep.

1 comment: